Working for Comic Con Cape Town
Reed Exhibitions and ReedPOP wants individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, a creative vision, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at yourself, the willingness to ask for help when you're over your head (you will be), the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines and demanding partners. We work how we live and we apply our passion for pop culture to every aspect of what we do.
We want someone who can't help but wake up at 3 AM thinking about improving the experience for our fans. Our culture is creative, fun, supportive, open without exception, and as with all positions at Comic Con Africa, the focus is on fans first, regardless of if they're in a three-piece suit or walking around with a four-foot sword made out of cardboard. At ReedPOP and Reed Exhibitions, we’ve found that positive, genuine, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that’s the type of person we hire. Bring us your creativity, personality, customer focus and enthusiasm for pop culture – we can’t wait to meet you!
Cape Town Sales Executive
SALES EXECUTIVE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. You are responsible for the sale of exhibition space for the Comic Con Cape Town, or any other Exhibition we may allocate to you.
2. You will be responsible for your sales targets which will be provided to you by the Portfolio Director
3. Prepare exhibitor proposals for your sales
4. You will be responsible for researching your potential clients & their needs/objectives in order to structure your proposal/pitch professionally.
5. Ensure the delivery of all services in the sales agreements are met to the client’s satisfaction.
6. Keep exhibitor information updated at all times and ensure that all leads are captured on Sales Force/Sales database.
7. Maintain and update your database with relevant contacts, notes and market intelligence – ensure that input into the database is accurate and up to date at all times.
8. Accurately and efficiently manage your sales pipeline and inform the General Manager if you have run out of viable leads.
9. Ensure Contracts issued, closed or cancelled have all been updated on Sales Force in order for management to pull accurate reports at any given time.
10. Promote and sell Marketing Opportunities
11. Telephone Sales & Marketing – Minimum of 50 calls per day
12. Attend face-to-face sales appointments
13. Prepare feedback on sales and events for weekly progress meetings.
14. Assist with Exhibitors enquiry’s and correspond with the Exhibitor / Client from inception of the sales contact to end of Exhibition, and provide a friendly and professional service to all Exhibitors and potential clients.
15. Build long term and sustainable relationships to maximise client retention
Conviction - Stand firmly by own proposals, providing supporting evidence in the face of a challenge, difficult questions and conflict.
Engages and excites people in the relevant ideas and challenges of the work.
Sees what is needed and builds a strong team spirit and a sense of togetherness and enjoyment.
Clarity -Understands and is able to communication how own work contributes to the delivery of the business strategy.
Ownership - Makes the business vision real for people, owning the key messages and making them relevant and meaningful.
Goal Setting- Ensures goals, expectations and standards are clear for self and others.
Focuses equally on ‘how’ things must be delivered as well as ‘what’ is to be delivered and the business impact.
Feedback-Seeks and listens to feedback about self; sets personal example to others around building own capability.
Proactively offers feedback and supports others with their development plans.
SUBMITTING YOUR CV
Please send us a covering letter telling us why you are made for this job along with your CV to info@ComicConCapeTown.co.za.
If you do not hear back from us in the next 2 weeks your application was unfortunately not successful.