Working for Comic Con Africa
Reed Exhibitions and ReedPOP wants individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, a creative vision, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at yourself, the willingness to ask for help when you're over your head (you will be), the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines and demanding partners. We work how we live and we apply our passion for pop culture to every aspect of what we do.
We want someone who can't help but wake up at 3 AM thinking about improving the experience for our fans. Our culture is creative, fun, supportive, open without exception, and as with all positions at Comic Con Africa, the focus is on fans first, regardless of if they're in a three-piece suit or walking around with a four-foot sword made out of cardboard. At ReedPOP and Reed Exhibitions, we’ve found that positive, genuine, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that’s the type of person we hire. Bring us your creativity, personality, customer focus and enthusiasm for pop culture – we can’t wait to meet you!
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
FEATURE AREAS AND EVENTS
• Management and co-ordination of all activations and functions leading up to the event
• Development, production and delivery of feature areas and events
• Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on feature areas and events
• Ensure feature areas and events are included/promoted in necessary marketing collateral, newsletters and website
• Managing administrative functions to ensure feature areas and events are delivered efficiently
• Make sure your delegated areas are set up according to the production schedule created by the General Manager and yourself
• Onsite management and co-ordination of feature areas and events
• Preparation & processing of all exhibitor applications
• Distribution of all exhibitor communications
• Organising of exhibitor functions
• Sourcing Suppliers and communicating requirements
• Onsite management of suppliers in conjunction with the General Manager
• Liaising with Operations Manager upon direction from the General Manager
• Preparation of venue, invite to exhibitors, set up etc in conjunction with the General and Operations Manager
• Preparation of content for briefing presentation in conjunction with the General and Operations Manager
• On the day set up and roll out
• Management of budget for all feature areas and events
SUBMITTING YOUR CV
Please send us a covering letter telling us why you are made for this job along with your CV to info@ComicConAfrica.co.za.
If you do not hear back from us in the next 2 weeks your application was unfortunately not successful.